Improving the Business of National Security
The Business Model
BENS focuses on seeking savings and efficiencies in national security infrastructure and overhead functions. Our business model is based on two simple but compelling ideas:
- The areas most in need of reform are amenable to best business practice solutions. They have been identified in commercial practices and government-backed studies but, for a variety of reasons, implementation has not occurred.
- The business models that serve America’s world-class companies so well can be adopted by the National Security community, saving resources and avoiding reductions in frontline operations and other priority programs.
The objective of BENS work to improve the business of national security is a set of outcomes that:
- Identify and promote business models to cut overhead, buy smarter and budget better;
- Recommend changes that the National Security community can undertake to save resources to reinvest in operational capabilities
- Propose specific steps for working with decision-makers in Congress, the Administration and the Private Sector to implement real change.