Kansas City: News/Updates
Kansas City members are dedicated to expanding BENS' mission by serving as “citizen oversight” for preservation and protection of our national security apparatus. We have become actively involved in Kansas City by integrating the BENS business component in homeland security coordination at federal, state and local levels. We have continued to build a strong regional presence, and concentrated on strengthening our senior membership involvement.
Specific committees that BENS our member’s or their representatives actively participate include:
- Kansas City Terrorism Early Warning (TEW) Interagency Analysis
- CenterMissouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC)
- Missouri Business Emergency Operations Center (BEOC)
- Missouri Public Private Partnership Committee, Governor’s Homeland Security Advisory Council
- Infragard/FBI Infrastructure Security Committee
- United States Attorneys Anti-Terrorism Advisory Committee (ATAC) for Western District of Missouri and Eastern District of Kansas
- MARC Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Council
- Senator Roberts State Advisory Committee on Science and Technology
- Chair, Homeland Security Task Force Partnership with State of Kansas on Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Region VII, Regional Interagency Steering Committee and Private Sector Office
- Missouri State Citizen’s Corps Advisory Committee
- FBI – Kansas City Citizens Academy
A selection of photos from the Annual BENS Kansas City National Security Awards dinner.