New York Metro: Events
Please click here for a list of upcoming events. Below are some examples of past events in the New York Metro Region:
• Lunch and Discussion with James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence
• Lunch and discussion with Colonel Mark “Puck” Mykleby, USMC, (Ret.), is the Former Special Assistant to the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, on “Capitalizing on American Strengths: Ensuring American Economic Security.”
• Luncheon discussion with Lieutenant General Richard Newton, the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff and Director, Air Staff, Headquarters US Air Force.
• Dinner with General Norton Schwartz, Chief of Staff, United States Air Force
• Lunch and roundtable discussion with Mr. Kshemendra Paul, the White House Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment on the subject of strengthening management and oversight capabilities in order to improve information sharing across the federal government and with private sector entities.
• Luncheon discussion with Henry “Butch” Hinton, Chief Operating Officer, and Susan Maybaumwisniewski, Senior Vice President of Policy, to discuss the BENS policy process and current project portfolio.
• Discussion with senior staff from the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
• Policy Lunch and Discussion with Tina Gabrielli, Director, Air Domain Intelligence Integration Element, DHS/ODNI
• BENS/CSIS Roundtable on the role of private sector in the stabilization and long-term development of fragile states.
• Lunch and Discussion with Admiral William H. McRaven, US Special Operations Command
• Breakfast with General Peter Schoomaker, 35th Chief of Staff of the US Army
• Lunch and Discussion with Dr. Richard Morin, Acting Undersecretary of the US Air Force
• Meeting and discussion with The Honorable Thomas H. Kean, Former Governor of the State of New Jersey, Co-chairman of the 9/11 Commission
• Eisenhower Award Dinner honoring U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta.
• Lunch and Roundtable Discussion: Strategic Partnership with Portugal
• Lunch Discussion with Captain David Marquet, USN (Ret.), author of Turn the Ship Around.
• Lunch with Susan Maybaumwisniewski, Senior Vice President of Policy, to discuss BENS policy and current project portfolio
- Lunch and Discussion with James R. Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, ODNI
- Lunch and Discussion with Paul A. Brinkley, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense, Director, Task Force for Business and Stability Operations
- New York Recruiting Event with General Montgomery C. Meigs, USA (Ret.), President and CEO of BENS, hosted by BENS Member Patricia A. Barron
- Lunch and Discussion with Janice K. Fedarcyk, Assistant Director in Charge, New York Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Reception and Discussion with General Keith Alexander, USA, Commander, United States Cyber Command/Director, National Security Agency
- Lunch with Ambassador Kenneth E. Brill, President & CEO of The Fund for Peace, for a discussion on “21st Century U.S. National Security on Meeting the Challenge of a More Level Playing Field”
- Lunch and Discussion with Robert Cardillo, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration, ODNI
- Lunch and Discussion with Rear Admiral Garry J. Bonelli, Deputy Commander, Naval Special Warfare Command
- Lunch and Discussion with Lieutenant General Francis H. Kearney, III, Deputy Director, National Counterterrorism Center Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning and Daniel Sutherland, Group Chief, Countering Violent Extremism Group
- Dinner with Robert “Bear” Bryant, The National Counterintelligence Executive, ODNI
- Lunch with William J.A. Miller, Director of SOCOM’s Strategy, Plans, and Policy (J-5) Directorate, on the “The Future of National Security: Challenges, Trends and Globalization.”
- Roundtable Discussion with Admiral James Stavridis,Commander, U.S. European Command and NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe
- BENS Trip to Picatinny Arsenal, The Joint Center for Excellence for Armaments and Munitions
- Lunch and Discussion with Ambassador Vicki Huddleston, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Africa in the Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Breakfast Discussion with The Honorable Erin C. Conaton, Undersecretary of the Air Force
- Eisenhower Award Dinner honoring Admiral Eric T. Olson, USN (Ret.) and Dr. Dana G. Mead, Ph.D.
- Lunch and Discussion with Pablo Martinez, Special Agent in Charge of Criminal Investigative Division, Secret Service