Washington, D.C. Metro: Events
Please click here to see a list of upcoming BENS events.
These events are open to the greater business community, often encouraging ongoing dialogue and exploration of key issues in National Security by convening all stakeholders to one location to explore the topic. BENS members receive special rates for these events, and when applicable can gain priority seating.
BENS Members Only
These roundtables and trips are designed specifically for BENS Members only, and are open to members and invited guests only. The dialogue on key national security issues often starts here, and these roundtables, trips and smaller group events are a way to get involved in the ongoing conversation and gain on-the-ground insights.
BENS Members Invite Only
Designed to convene a special BENS Member group around a particular speaker or topic, these small dinners and lunch events provide an opportunity for one-on-one interaction with key figures in national security, such as a 2010 dinner with General George Casey.
A Sampling of Past Events:
- Feb. 22: CEO Cyber Roundtable (Annapolis) – BENS members and invited C-leveles only
- Feb. 25th: BENS Women in National Security Brunch, Invite Only.
- March 10th: Special Dinner with Reva Bhalla, MidEast Expert, on the outlook post-Egypt. Special Invite Only.
- March 29: Dinner with Army Special Operations Command Gen. Mulholland and commanders. 7:30 pm, Washington DC. By Invite Only.
- April 25: Executive Cyber Session. BENS Members and invited CEOs only.
- June 9th: LTG William Caldwell, Commander, NATO Training Mission – Afghanistan and Commanding General, Combined Security Transition Command - Afghanistan. BENS members only.
- June 29th: Failed States Index Report Launch. In concert with the Fund for Peace.
- Sept. 13: BENS Members Meeting with Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Administration Tom Nides, BENS Members Only.
- Sept. 30th: BENS Women in National Security Brunch,
- Oct. 12: Tour of Ft Meade, for BRAC-in-action case study on base. Members only.
- Nov. 3, 2011: Policy Dinner, focus on Energy. ASD Sharon Burke. Members and special guests only
- Feb 7th: Cyber Security Roundtable with Capt. John Felker, Deputy Commander, USCG Cyber Command.